According to Kelly Chan, founder of Accountant Online, digital marketing provides many cost-effective advertising channels that female founders can use to cut lead/customer acquisition costs. Social media platforms, email marketing, content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and influencer marketing are some of these channels.
Female founders can more precisely target their audience, optimize their campaigns based on data-driven insights, and achieve greater results at lower costs when compared to traditional advertising approaches by carefully leveraging different marketing channels.
While there are multiple ways you can advertise your business, the main question remains the same: where do you start? The options are immense but you want to make sure you are focusing on the right channels and where your target audience is more likely to convert into a paying customer. At the end of the day, the story is no matter where you put your efforts but how much more $$$ you can get by being on the right platform.
8 advertising tips to grow your audience
Whether you sell to B2B or B2C clients, here are a few good tips you can apply as a female founder to grow your audience:
- Know your target audience: Understand who your ideal customer is and tailor your advertising to appeal to them. Conduct market research to determine what your target audience likes, dislikes, and what motivates them to make a purchase.
- Define your unique selling proposition (USP): Your USP is what sets you apart from your competitors. It could be your product, service, or customer experience. Identify what makes your business unique and incorporate it into your advertising.
- Be authentic: Consumers value authenticity and transparency. Be honest about your business and your values. Showcase your personality and what drives you to do what you do. This will help you connect with your customers on a deeper level.
- Use social media: Social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter can be powerful tools for advertising. Share high-quality and engaging content that aligns with your brand and resonates with your target audience.
- Use search engines: If you provide service locally or have an eCommerce shop, search engines like Google offer a plethora of apps and platforms to help you further expand your business reach.
- Leverage influencer marketing: Partner with influencers who align with your brand and have a following of your target audience. This can help increase brand awareness, drive sales, and build amazing partnerships.
- Use email marketing: Email marketing is a cost-effective way to reach your audience. Create an email list and send newsletters, promotions, and updates about your business.
- Measure your results: Track your advertising efforts to determine what is working and what isn’t. Use analytics to measure engagement, conversion rates, and ROI. This will help you optimize your advertising and make data-driven decisions but also be up to date with everything going on in your business. Often times a small tweak in a strategy can bring great results! So keep your mind open and continue experimenting.
These are only a handful of options you can use to advertise your business. Pick a few strategies and channels and focus a few months on working as hard as you can to be on those platforms and start connecting with your dream client. Is very important that along the way you list to your users, what their needs are and tweak your services to how best you can support them.
Boost your growth with user-generated content
There is no shortcut to getting 1mn followers or newsletter subscribers but rather old fashioned consistency and hard work. While there might not be a shortcut, there are ways to accelerate your growth.
User-generated content or UGC is content created by your customers and fans, such as reviews, testimonials, photos, and videos. Leveraging UGC can be a powerful way to get more leads for your business. Not only you can use their feedback to showcase it to prospect clients, create trust and credibility but also their doubts and concerns are a feedback loop for you to write content about it.
Imagine you’ve just finished a webinar and you are left with questions your leads left, a survey at the end of the webinar to provide more information on certain topics. That’s your paradise, now you know what questions and concerns your leads have so you can go on and adjust your content calendar.
Here are a few ways you can do that:
Encourage customers to create content by asking for their feedback, offering incentives for reviews, or running a social media contest. This can help generate more content for your brand and increase engagement with your audience.
Showcase user-generated content on your website and social media channels. This can help build trust with potential customers and provide social proof of the quality of your products or services.
Repurpose the user-generated content into new marketing campaigns, such as in email newsletters, digital ads, or on your website. This can help increase your reach and drive more traffic to your website.
Use UGC to personalize your marketing messages and cater to specific customer segments. For example, you can use UGC from customers in a particular location or with specific interests to target ads or email campaigns.
Monitor mentions, comments, and social media conversations for insights into customer behavior and preferences. This can help you identify trends and opportunities for improving your products or services.
Respond to feedback users leave such as reviews and comments, in a timely and professional manner. This can help build customer loyalty and encourage more content from your audience.
This way, you can create a more authentic and engaging brand experience for your audience and generate more leads for your business.
Now that you have a few tips, what are you waiting to take your next steps and if you want to know more about what´s the best marketing strategy you can adopt, send us an email at email@example.com with your questions and we will be happy to assist you.